Migrating your store from WooCommerce to Ecwid
If you have a store on WooCommerce, you can easily migrate it to Ecwid. Ecwid is a powerful e-commerce solution that allows you to add a professionally looking online store to your existing website, sell goods on multiple sales channels, and grow your customer base.
Sign up with Ecwid and easily bulk export your products and categories from WooCommerce to Ecwid with the help of our migration tool.
To bulk import your WooCommerce products and categories to Ecwid:
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard → Tools → Import.
- Find the Ecwid products and categories tool and click Run Importer. Here you'll see how many products and categories are going to be imported to your Ecwid store. Make sure that on your current Ecwid plan you can have all the products and categories imported.
- If you need to increase the products and categories limit, change your Ecwid plan from your WordPress Dashboard → Ecwid → My Profile → Billing and Plans.
- Click Import your WooCommerce catalog to Ecwid.
- Click Start import.
- Click Connect.
- Click Accept to give Ecwid app the rights to update your catalog.
The import will begin showing how many products and categories are going to be imported to your Ecwid store:
Once the import is complete, you will see how many products and categories have been imported to your Ecwid store.
Now that you have created an Ecwid store and imported the products, we’d like to give you a quick guide on what to do next.
Set up your Ecwid store
Take care of the basic store settings. Set up shipping and payment options, configure taxes, fill in the information about your business, and more. Check the Getting started guide to see the full list of things to set up.
Publish Ecwid products on your website
After you install the Ecwid plugin, a new page is automatically created on your site with your store catalog.
You can also add store categories to different site pages, highlight products in a sidebar, add Buy buttons, and more. Explore all the options in this article: Adding your Ecwid store to WordPress site.
To change the design of your storefront, refer to this guide: Customizing Ecwid store design on a WordPress site.
Promote products to get more sales
Reach more customers and drive sales to your store by connecting Ecwid with multiple sales channels – popular marketplaces like Google Shopping or Amazon, social media like Facebook and Instagram, and more.
Check out our Marketing checklist to learn how to promote your store effectively.