In addition to regular shipping, you can set up a local in-store pickup through the Ecwid shipping settings. Your customers can stop by your location to pick up their orders instead of waiting for a courier service to ship them out. Plus, customers don’t need to enter shipping information, so they can checkout faster.
Setting up order pickup
Watch this short video about setting up order pickup:
To add an order pickup option to your store:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Shipping & Pickup.
- Click + Add Pickup.
- Add the Order pickup label. It will be displayed to customers at checkout:
- Add the Detailed instructions for customers. Specify the address where customers can pick up their orders, explain how and when customers can collect their purchases.
- Add Pickup charge, if necessary (for example, if you need to cover your expenses for delivering goods to this pickup location).
- Turn on the Ask for pickup date and time at checkout toggle. That way, customers will have to specify time for collecting their order. Set up your business hours and convenient order fulfillment time. Read more detailed description on the date and time picker below in this article.
- Click Add Pickup Option.
Now your customers can choose the local pickup option for their orders at checkout.
In case you want to offer order pickup for specific products only, you can enable this shipping option for certain items and disable it for the rest in your store.
You can also limit payment methods for order pickup. For example, offer customers only cash payments and disable paying with credit cards.
Setting up pickup date and time
You can enable the date and time picker for your local pickup option. Pickup date and time picker takes into account your business hours, so customers won’t be able to order a pickup when you are closed.
To set up the date and time picker:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Shipping & Pickup. On the Ecwid app, tap Store → Shipping & Pickup.
- Choose a pickup option you want to edit or create a new one.
- Enable the Ask for Pickup Date and Time at Checkout option.
- Set your business hours.
- Select the convenient Order Fulfillment Time.
- (optional) In the Allow choosing delivery date within, specify the maximum possible delivery date that your customers can choose in the date picker. If you are not sure an item will be in stock in a month, you can set a restriction so that customers can make an order no later than a date you pick. You can choose to limit delivery with a month, 3 month, 6 month and a year.
- In the Blackout dates section, click + Add Blackout Date or Date Range to set up specific dates when your store doesn’t work, so customers won’t be able to choose these dates for local delivery. To repeat blackout dates every year, mark the Repeat every year checkbox.
- Click Save.
Now when your customers choose to pick up their order at the checkout, they can select the preferable day and time according to your business hours and order fulfillment time.
You will know what day and time the customer has selected at checkout from the email notification for this order, and when you are viewing the Order Details in your Ecwid admin, go to My Sales → Orders.
Managing pickup orders
When a new pickup order is placed in your store, you can see it among other sales in the My Sales → Orders section of your Ecwid admin. Here is how the Order Pickup icon looks like:
If you have many orders that will be picked up by buyers, you can search them by pickup date and time to clearly see what orders should be fulfilled first.
To search orders by pickup date and time:
- Go to My Sales → Orders and click Filter.
- Click Pickup or delivery date and time.
- In the opening form specify the time range you are looking for and you will see all orders in the selected time period.
You can also look up for the upcoming orders in the next 3 hours, 24 hours, on this particular day or in the next 3 days by clicking on buttons below:
Now, when you have all the needed orders at your fingertips you can update them in bulk. To edit all orders at once check the box above the orders list:
You can now mass update orders — print, export or delete selected, change payment or fulfilment status for orders:
If you are used to keeping track of your orders with the spreadsheet you can download details of the pickup orders to your computer as a CSV file. The downloaded CSV file is compatible with spreadsheets or can be opened and edited in any text editor.
To download CSV file:
- Check the boxes next to the required orders or simply select all by checking the box above the orders list.
- In the Mass Update menu choose Export Selected.
- Click Download CSV file.
To inform the customer that their order is awaiting pickup, simply change its fulfillment status to "Ready for Pickup". Ecwid will send the corresponding email notification to the customer’s email address.
Modifying the “Ready for Pickup” email template (advanced)
You can customize your “Ready for Pickup” email notification by adding a logo or changing the color scheme, font, or adding additional details.
Ecwid sends out the notification Order is Ready for Pickup to the customers’ email address when you change the order status to Ready for Pickup. The notification provides the details about purchased items and the pickup instructions.
To edit the template:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Settings → Notifications.
- Choose the Order is ready for pickup notification and click Edit:
- Modify the template as needed.
- Click Preview email or Send a test email.
Choosing the right shipping for your store
Product specific rates
Sell on the Go: Create Orders on Mobile