Connecting GoDaddy domain to Ecwid Instant Site
To connect a GoDaddy domain name to your Ecwid Instant Site, you should first register an active domain with GoDaddy. If you don’t have a custom domain name yet and would like to get one, check out the article on where to buy a domain name.
To set up a GoDaddy domain for your store, you will need to change DNS settings in your GoDaddy account and specify the domain name in your Ecwid admin panel. After that, your store will open at your domain name via a secure HTTPS connection.
A free SSL certificate is included.
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Website.
- Find the Domain name and site address section and click Change Address.
- In the appeared pop-up, put your custom domain name in the Use your own domain name field:
- Copy the IP address that you see below the "Use your own domain name" field (that may be 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, or 126.96.36.199). You will need this IP later to set up the domain in the GoDaddy account:
- Click Save.
Setting up the domain in the GoDaddy account
- Log into your GoDaddy account and go to My Products page.
- Click Manage All.
- In the top menu, click on the DNS tab → Manage Zones:
- Enter the custom domain name you will be configuring and click Search. You will get to the DNS Management page.
- At the bottom of the “Records” section, click Add and select A from the drop-down menu.
If your domain name already has other A records, please delete them. The domain name will work with your store only when there is one A record — the one pointing to Ecwid’s IP address.
In case extra A records can't be removed, consider deleting domain forwarding or contact GoDaddy support for assistance.
- Enter @ in the Host field.
- In the Points to field, paste the IP address that you previously copied from your Ecwid admin (either 188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206). You can leave TTL at the default setting:
- Click Finish.
- To make your Instant Site available with www as well (i.e. like www.mydomain.com), create a CNAME record. For that, at the bottom of the “Records” section, click Add and select CNAME from the drop down menu.
- In the Host field, type www.
- In the Points to field, type your custom domain name (without www). You can leave the TTL at the default setting:
- Click Finish.
The store domain is set up! Now you should give time for changes to apply. It may take up to 48 hours for DNS settings to propagate throughout the internet. After this time passes, your Ecwid store will open at your own domain name, via secure HTTPS connection.