Connecting 123-Reg.co.uk domain to Instant Site
You can make your Ecwid Instant Site available via a custom domain. Having your own domain helps personalize your online business, makes it look more professional and increases your website positioning in search engine results.
If you’ve already bought a domain name from 123-Reg, you can connect it to your Instant Site in two steps:
- Specify the domain name in your Ecwid admin.
- Add two DNS records to your domain in the 123-Reg account.
After that, your Instant Site will open at your domain name via a secure HTTPS connection.
A free SSL certificate is included.
To start connecting your custom domain to the Instant Site:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Website.
- Scroll down to the Site Address header and click Change Address.
- In the appeared Instant Site URL pop-up, put your custom domain name in the “Use your own domain name“ field. Example:
- Copy the IP address that appears under the “Use your own domain name“ field (it’s different for every Ecwid store). You will need this IP later to set up the domain in your 123-Reg account:
5. Click Save.
To connect your own 123-Reg domain to your Instant Site:
- Log into your 123-Reg control panel.
- In the Domain names section, select your domain and click Manage:
- Click Manage DNS:
- Click the Advanced DNS tab. This will display all current DNS records associated with the domain name.
- In the Add section, enter the following details:
- Hostname: @
- Type: A
- Destination IPv4 address: enter the IP address copied from your Ecwid admin.
- Click Add to save this A record.
- Remove other A records for your root domain if you have any.
- In the Add new entry section, add the following details for the second record:
- Hostname: www
- Type: CNAME
- Destination CNAME: enter your root domain (e.g. marysonline.com).
- Click Add to save this CNAME record.
That’s it, you’ve connected your 123-Reg domain to your Instant Site — both DNS records have been added:
Now you should wait a bit till the DNS changes propagate. Usually it takes no longer than two hours, but in some cases you might need to wait 24-48 hours till the new DNS records become active.