You can make your Ecwid Instant Site available via a custom domain. Having your own domain helps personalize your online business and makes it look more professional. Besides, owning a domain increases your website positioning in the search engine results: Google, Yahoo, etc.
If you have already bought a domain name from Name.com, you can connect it to your Ecwid store in two steps:
- Specify the domain name in your Ecwid admin.
- Point your Name.com domain to your Ecwid site in the Name.com account.
After that, your store will open at your domain name via a secure HTTPS connection. Follow the step-by-step instructions below to connect a Name.com domain to the Instant Site.
To start connecting your domain to the Instant Site:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to the Website.
- Find the “Instant Site address” section and click Change URL.
- In the appeared pop-up, put your custom domain name in the “Use your own domain name“ field:
- Click Save.
- Place the mouse cursor in the “Use your own domain name“ field and copy the IP address that will appear in the pop-up — that may be either 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, or 22.214.171.124. You will need this IP later to set up the domain in your Name.com account:
To connect your Instant Site to the Name.com domain:
- Log in to your Name.com account.
- Click on the My Domains button, located on the top-right corner:
- Find the domain name you wish to create an A record for. In our case it’s myecwid-store.com. Then click Quick Links:
- Select Manage DNS Records in the dropdown menu that appears.
- Leave the drop-down menu Type as A.
- Paste the IP address you have copied from your Ecwid admin into the Answer field, leaving the Host field empty:
- Click Add Record.
- To make your site available at www.yourdomain.com, select the CNAME record as the record type:
- Add www into the Host field.
- Type in your custom domain name into the Answer field:
- Click Add Record.
This is it! Give the settings about 24 hours to come in effect, and your site will become available at your Name.com domain via a secure HTTPS connection.