Connecting Name.com domain to Ecwid Instant Site
Once connected, your Ecwid Instant site will open at your domain name, via secure HTTPS connection. You don’t need to separately purchase an SSL certificate as Ecwid provides free SSL for Instant Site users. Visit your Name.com account to manage all the domain settings and to pay for the domain name, or renew it.
To link your domain with your Ecwid Instant Site, you should first specify your custom domain name in your Ecwid admin.
To specify a domain name:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Website (or to Overview → Manage Instant Site).
- In the Domain name and site address block, click Change Address.
- In the pop-up window that you’ll see enter your custom domain in the Use your own domain name field (you should enter your root domain, i.e. without www part).
- Copy the IP address that will appear in the instructions below the “Use your own domain name“ field — that may be either 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, or 188.8.131.52. You will need this IP later to set up the domain in your Name.com account:
5. Click Save.
To finish linking your Ecwid Instant Site with your domain, you should make changes in your domain settings and point the domain to your Ecwid site. For that, you need to add an A record and a CNAME record in your domain host account.
To point the domain to your Ecwid site:
- Log in to your Name.com account.
- Click on the My Domains button, located on the top-right corner:
- Find the domain name you wish to create an A record for. In our case it’s myecwid-store.com. Then click Quick Links:
- Select Manage DNS Records in the dropdown menu that appears.
- Leave the drop-down menu Type as A.
- Paste the IP address you have copied from your Ecwid admin into the Answer field, leaving the Host field empty:
- Click Add Record.
- To make your site available at www.yourdomain.com, select the CNAME record as the record type:
- Add www into the Host field.
- Type in your custom domain name into the Answer field:
- Click Add Record.
This is it! Now please wait a bit till the changes take effect. It usually takes no longer than two hours for the DNS changes to propagate, but can take up to 24-48 hours in some cases. After that, your Instant Site will be available at your own domain when customers enter the corresponding URL in their browser.