Connecting NameCheap domain to Ecwid Instant Site
Once connected, your Ecwid Instant site will open at your domain name, via secure HTTPS connection. You don’t need to separately purchase an SSL certificate as Ecwid provides free SSL for Instant Site users. Visit your NameCheap account to manage all the domain settings and to pay for the domain name, or renew it.
Step 1. Setting up your domain in the Ecwid admin
To link your domain with your Ecwid Instant Site, you should first specify your custom domain name in your Ecwid admin.
To specify a domain name:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Website (or to Overview → Manage Instant Site).
- In the Domain name and site address block, click Change Address.
- In the pop-up window that you’ll see enter your custom domain in the Use your own domain name field (you should enter your root domain, i.e. without www part).
- Copy the IP address that will appear in the instructions below the “Use your own domain name“ field — that maybe either 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, or 22.214.171.124. You will need this IP later to set up the domain in the NameCheap account:
- Click Save.
Step 2. Setting up your domain in the NameCheap account
To finish linking your Ecwid Instant Site with your domain, you should make changes in your domain settings and point the domain to your Ecwid site. For that, you need to add an A record and a CNAME record in your domain host account.
To point the domain to your Ecwid site:
- Log in to your NameCheap account.
- Navigate to Domain List in the sidebar menu:
- Click Manage next to your domain name:
- On the Domain Details page, click Advanced DNS:
- Under Actions, click Add new record:
- Select A Record from a dropdown menu that appears:
- In the IP Address text box, enter the IP address that you previously copied from your Ecwid admin panel (either 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, or 184.108.40.206):
- Click the check icon on the far right of the A Record:
To make the Instant site available at your domain, this must be the only '@' A Record for your custom domain. If you have other A Records in the DNS settings for your root domain, please delete them by clicking a trash bin icon next to the record.
- Continue in the Advanced DNS settings and add a CNAME Record for your custom domain to make your site available with the www prefix. Click Add new record and select CNAME Record.
- Enter www as a Host value:
- Enter the custom domain name you have bought, i.e. myecwidstore.com:
- Click the check icon on the far right of the CNAME Record.
- Delete the default CNAME record pointing at the NameCheap parking page (parkingpage.namecheap.com) by clicking the trash bin icon next to it:
- As a result, your DNS records should look like this:
You are good to go! In about 48 hours your site will be available by your chosen domain with the www prefix as well as without it, for example, https://www.myecwidstore.com and https://myecwidstore.com.