Upgrading to a paid plan
Ecwid offers four different plan types, a Free plan, and three paid plans: Venture, Business, and Unlimited. Plans differ by price and available features. See the full list of Ecwid plans and features.
When you create an account in Ecwid, you automatically receive the Free plan. You can upgrade your account or switch to another plan at any time. Monthly or yearly subscriptions are available. Once your account is upgraded, all further recurring charges are made automatically until you cancel the subscription.
You can upgrade your account from the Ecwid admin or from the Ecwid iOS mobile app. In the Ecwid iOS app, you can subscribe to a special 3-month plan that’s not available from the Ecwid admin. Learn more about the pricing breakdown and billing cycle.
If you upgrade in the web admin panel in Ecwid, you can pay for your store subscription with a credit or debit card or a PayPal account. If you upgrade in the Ecwid mobile app for iOS, you can pay with your Apple ID account.
To upgrade your Ecwid account to a pricing plan:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to My Profile → Billing and Plans.
- Click the Upgrade button next to the plan you want to subscribe to.
- Select a monthly or annual plan.
- If you are from the EU and have a VAT ID, click Enter your VAT ID to waive tax. More about VAT in the EU.
- Enter your payment info. You can pay with a credit/debit card or PayPal account.
- Click Pay and Upgrade.
- Open your Ecwid mobile app for iOS.
- Go to Store → Subscription.
- Swipe left to see all the plans and prices.
- Click on the subscription you want. You will see a pop-up from the App Store.
- Confirm the payment.
After you complete the payment, your Ecwid account will be switched to the new plan immediately.
You can manage your subscription from the Billing and Plans page: see your current plan, the next charge date, and switch to another plan. After you upgrade to a paid plan, the subscription is renewed automatically until you cancel it.